miércoles, 14 de septiembre de 2011

Interviewing a graphic designer :)

Name
Johanna Delgado


Date
September 14th


Questions
1. Could you please define Graphic Design in your own words?
Graphic design is a process, it allows you to create whatever you want from nothing and can be use for many purpose.

2. What influenced you to pursue graphic design?
I really didn't have any influence to choose graphic design as a career, i love drawing and graphic design was the most close to the real career that i wanted, illustration.

3. Could you please describe the educational process required to become an graphic designer?
I think that Graphic Design is not a career you had to study, there's some techniques and rules you have to learn but if you want to be a great designer you have to work by your own. You learn more from your teachers from the fact that they are designers than the fact they are teachers, is difficult to explain but i feel that the graphic designer can be made.

4. What are the skills you need to be a good graphic designer?
Well, first of all, you need to have a great eye for esthetic, it doesn't required you to be a great drawer, you just need to proyect your ideas on paper. The most important thing is to be creative and inventive, from that point eventually you'll develope some other skills that will make you a great designer.

5. What job considerations were you looking for after you completed your education?
My ideal job has to be based on editorial, making books or illustration for books, unfortunately in our country editorials doesn't hire many designers for those works.


6. What's something of your school life that you enjoy the most?
Met people, met others students and professionals as my teachers. I learned a lot from them and i made a couple of friends that are my closer friends right now. I think that's the best thing a could get from my school life.


7. From your perspective, what is the most difficult part of being an graphic designer student?
There's a couple of things that people has to think before study graphic design, one is the money, it's a very expensive career for all the materials you have to buy and the tools you need, like a very good computer for example, an average computer is not enough... And the second thing is the time, it takes you a lot of time to make a project, because you don't study a book an that's all, you make things, cut, glue, paint, all that stuff takes you a lot of time.


8. What are your plans for the future?
My dream is making comic books, that's a difficult thing to do in this country so i'm planing to move out of Venezuela to learn more about comic books and make one from my own.


9. Point out your most personally gratifying moment in graphic designer school.
I was a really good student, i'm proud of all my school works but my favorite has to be my final proyect because it was a children's book that represent me as a graphic designer and my style, every teacher that read that book knew that was made by me... It was a great feeling.


10. Why would you recommend graphic designer as a career?
I don't recommend graphic design as a career in this country, there's no work field in Venezuela for it and the public doesn't value the effort and the importance of our job, but it's a beautiful career if you planned to work out of the country.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario